Riding a rigid bike on washboard roads might look great on Instagram, but 80 miles in, you’ll be grateful for every bit of cushion you can get. The Reserve 25|GR is designed for gravel bikes, and supports a 40-55mm 650b tire, delivering extra traction and a bit more cushion than a 700c wheel, thanks to the additional air volume. The hookless design belies its mountain bike provenance, and J-bend spokes and external nipples make it ideal for long tours where replacement and repair isn't so much a matter of if but when.
- Built with standard high-quality components including j-bend spokes (28 count) and Sapim mechanically locking nipples
- Ships with rim tape installed, tubeless-ready valves, and cards identifying the Santa Cruz builder of each of your wheels
- Backed by Santa Cruz lifetime warranty
- Gravel riding offers a bit of roll-your-own style, but these types of races and rides favor light weight over bump absorption, so most opt to leave the suspension at home. This is where the new Reserve 650b wheels really shin
- Hookless rim
- Hub/Brake Compatibility: Center-Lock Disc
- Wheel Size: 650b
- Cassette Body Type: SRAM XDR or HG11
- ISO Diameter: 584 / 650b / 27.5"
- Front Axle: 12mm Thru x 100mm
- Valve: Presta
- Rim Width (Internal): 25
- Tire Type: Tubeless Ready
- Rear Axle: 12mm Thru x 142mm