Zipp’s 303 S Tubeless Disc Brake wheelset provides today’s cyclists the versatility they demand with the speed they crave. Expanding greatly on its heritage of conquering the Spring Classics, this 303 wheelset maintains its ideal-for-every-terrain 45mm rim depth but adds a significantly wider internal width to provide greater performance and ride quality in almost every measurable way. Road bikes are more versatile than ever, no matter the road surface, but just as fast as before.
The 303 S offers an entirely new rim profile and design to optimize rider performance on this new breed of bike. This wheelset is tubeless for disc-brake bikes, allowing the ability to run wide tires at lower pressures for race-ready speed on or off the pavement. The 303 S is among our lightest wheelsets, optimized for top aero performance with a 28mm tire but capable of handling gravel tires up to 50mm wide. The 303 S borrows design concepts from the higher-level 303 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-brake wheelset to gain speed through increased efficiency. That is achieved by creating a wheel with reduced: Wind resistance, rolling resistance, rider fatigue, and weight. The key innovation is in the 303 S Series’ rim design. Its 45mm rim depth is the same as its predecessor, the 302 Disc brake. But its rim width is 2mm wider, at 27mm, and its tire bed is a full 7mm wider, at 23mm. That rim platform is designed to be the fastest with a 28mm tire. The wide rim optimizes tire profile to allow lower tire pressure. That helps to reduce rolling resistance and provides a more compliant ride. The result of all this is a 10 percent watt savings vs. a top peer wheel in total power required to ride 40kph on a smooth flat road with a 28mm tire, according to internal Zipp testing. This groundbreaking wheelset also features all-new cosmetics, setting the rider apart from the pack, and comes at an attractive price.
||Clincher Tubeless Ready
||Disc (Center Lock)
|Rim - inside width
||UD fiber / Bake-On labels / Matte clear coat
|Driver body type
||SRAM/Shimano Road, XDR
|Axle type (Wheels)
||Cartridge - Steel
||3 Pawls Leaf Spring
|Weight Based On
||Lightest configuration: 12mm through axles and XDR body. No tape or valve included in weight. Front: 711g Rear: 819g
- What is the overall rim specification for the Zipp 303 S Series wheelset (depth, width)? The rim depth is 45mm, external width is 27mm, and tire bed width is 23mm.
- Is the Zipp 303 S Series rim wider than the Zipp 302 rim? Yes. The Zipp 303 S Series is externally 2mm wider, with a 7mm wider tire bed width.
- Is the Zipp 303 S Series Tubeless wheelset offered in 650b? No, the Zipp 303 S Series wheelset is offered in 700c only.
- Is the Zipp 303 S Series wheelset Tubeless compatible? Yes. The Zipp 303 S Series rim has a tubeless straight side (hookless) tire interface that requires tubeless and tubeless ready tires.
- Can you use a regular tire with tubes in Zipp 303 S Series wheels? No – only tubeless or tubeless ready tires should be used in Zipp 303 S Series wheels. Tubes are ok, as a repair, but tires must have the stiffer tubeless specific bead. The standard tube type tire bead interface is not meant to be used in a hookless rim profile, as they will not securely retain the tire in place without a hooked rim profile.The new Zipp 303 S Series wheels have a tubeless profile with hookless, straight sides.
- Do you have a list of tires that are compatible? No, we do not have a list. Current tubeless and tubeless ready tires are compatible with the Zipp 303 S Series wheels. Zipp is currently actively involved in discussions with ISO along with other rim and tire manufacturers as are pushing for the creation of a new norm for tubeless systems on the road, to remove all uncertainty.
- What is the most aero tire size for the Zipp 303 S Series wheel? 28mm is the most aero tire size for the Zipp 303 S Series wheel.
- What is the minimum tire size for Zipp 303 S Series wheel? 25mm is the minimum tire width for the Zipp 303 S Series wheel.
- What is the maximum tire size recommendation/limit for the Zipp 303 S Series wheel? Zipp suggests limiting maximum tire size to tires that are indicated as 55mm.
- What is the rider weight limit for the Zipp 303 S Series wheels? The suggested rider weight limit is the same as all other Zipp wheels, 250lb / 115kg.
- What hub does the Zipp 303 S Series wheel use? The Zipp 303 S Series wheelset uses Zipp 76/176 Disc Brake hubs, Center Lock only. The Center Lock ring is included.
- What is the weight of the Zipp 303 S Series wheelset? 1540g. The Zipp 303 S Series wheelset is lighter than the Zipp 302 wheelset by 155g.
- Is the Zipp 303 S Series offered in rim brake and disc brake? No, the Zipp 303 S Series is offered in disc brake only.
- Are colored decals offered for the Zipp 303 S Series wheelset? No, decals are not available separately. The graphics on the Zipp 303 S Series wheelset are not adhesive decals.
- What is the maximum tire pressure for the Zipp 303 S Series wheel? The maximum tire pressure for all Zipp hookless Tubeless compatible rims is 72.5psi (5 bar).
- What is the minimum tire pressure for the Zipp 303 S Series wheel? There is no minimum tire pressure for Zipp hookless Tubeless compatible rims, however we recommend our customers to experiment before fully committing to a low tire pressure.
- What is the warranty coverage for Zipp 303 S Series wheels? Zipp has lifetime warranty coverage against manufacture defect, and impact damage warranty coverage during intended use that will cover all 2021 Zipp products and beyond. Lifetime warranty purchase coverage applies to the original owner for product purchased through authorized Zipp retail channels and is not transferable. Proof of purchase is required. Zipp electronic components will maintain a 2 year warranty coverage from original purchase date.